The Uniform Server Community

howdy, quick question

Dizzle102

Hello, as you can see, i am a new person on these forums.

well, my story goes, i was serching google, looking for some sort of program which i could run a small sort of server off, from my home PC, just to like put images on it and post them to the web, and i came accross this, so i thought i would download it :)

now my quick question goes as follows:

how do i set it up so that i can put images and so forth into the folders, and have it publish to the web under my IP adress ( if i new it lol)

i am So very sorry if this has been asked about a million times, but i thought i might ask any way :)

thanks,

Daniel Bizzarri

live_f1@hotmail.com

1. Run the server.
  2. Test your server by visiting this page. If you see the Admin Panel and not some error message from your browser then it works. If not, read the "If your server doesn't run, you should check for" section first.
  3. Open W:\www\.htaccess and change
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1

into

#Order Deny,Allow
    #Deny from all
    #Allow from 127.0.0.1

The adding of "#" or ";" in front of a line is common refered to as commenting.

4. If you have a firewall, make sure it allows Port 80 (which is the default port Uniform Server runs on) to be accessed by other IPs.
    If you have a router, do a port forward on Port 80.
    Your firewall or router manual should have more on this.
  5. Now with a file manager (like Windows Explorer), navigate to W:\www\ and start adding your images there. You'll be able to access then via http:/// or http:////, if you created a new folder in W:\www\ and placed your images in it.
    If you can't access it and know that your firewall or router is not the problem, then maybe your ISP is blocking Port 80.

If your server doesn't run, you should check for:

• Skype. In its settings, change the incoming port to something other than Port 80. Then, restart Skype and try to run Uniform Server again.
  • LIBMYSQL.DLL in C:\WINDOWS and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 (or any other folder in your Path Environment Variable), delete it if found.
  • IIS. If found, you should uninstall it as IIS (also a HTTPd like Apache in Uniform Server) uses Port 80.

Edited by MrX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...