• 1,535 posts
  • Interests:Electronics
    Internet in general
    Open source projects
  • SourceForge IDmpgcan
  • Wiki ID: Ric
  • Main OS: Windows XP

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

I am neither a programmer nor writer, more a rambler and hacker, found a nice toy to play with. For the first time I have written a Windows program, well sort off, the toy turns out to be a very powerful scripting language that even I can understand and use to program something of a windows nature.

Thought I would share my findings by writing an Oily Rag mini-series, Olajide has allowed me to ramble on. Not sure if anyone is interested in this type of write-up or will even find it of any use.

Uniform Server is probably the only WAMP package to be found on the Internet that has this accessibility for grass roots hacking; by this I mean tailoring to your own requirements and needs.

All the best
Ric :P

#2 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex
  • Wiki ID: olajideolaolorun
  • IRC Nickname: Olajide
  • Main OS: Windows 10

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:09 AM

lol :P

#3 megan

megan

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:28 AM

Wow - Ric - this is a great tutorial - Thanks! just the kind of thing I like to get my toes wet :P thanks again, Megan

#4 Ric

Ric

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Interests:Electronics
    Internet in general
    Open source projects
  • SourceForge IDmpgcan
  • Wiki ID: Ric
  • Main OS: Windows XP

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

I have just published the final part. Probably not the best way to do things! Write and learn at the same time, however I was impressed with AutoIt, if you know a little bit of scripting language of any sort, you can script a windows app very easily with this. :)

The controller I produced is for testing only; it allows you to explore possibilities.
I think what it shows is just how flexible Uniform Server really is, again I say a credit to the design team because it allows in-depth hacking. You can mould and tailor it do basically what you like. :D

All the best
Ric :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users