The Uniform Server Community

Issues after restarting

matt546

I havent used US in a while and I recently got it back because im starting a CMS project of my own and also to help myself teach myself PHP :D Anyway, I extracted the entire zip/rar file into a folder called UniformServer on my desktop. It works fine. Then after I shut it down or restart my computer. When i use start.bat everything loads fine. The start page comes up. But when I click any links such as start mysql or phpmyadmin it gives me a blank page. Plus apache and mysql are not running in the processes, shoudnt they be? :(

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

//Matt

Something must be clocking them, the Windows Firewall, or another kind of firewall. You said the pages load after restart? so Apache and MysQL should be running?

Did you install any programs that might be blocking them or are you using Skype?

Something must be clocking them, the Windows Firewall, or another kind of firewall. You said the pages load after restart? so Apache and MysQL should be running?

Did you install any programs that might be blocking them or are you using Skype?

343[/snapback]

Yes i use skype. What does skype do? Does it take over localhost :D

I have SygateFirewall. I dont really need it because I have a router. But i like control of my programs sending w/e they want to out :( . Kapsersky Antivirus Pro. Windows Firewall is off because it sucks. And Protowall(IP Blocking firewall type program)

Skype uses port 80 to send its messages. you have to chnage that in the Options section of Skype. Using it when the server is trying to start blocks port 80 from being used by Apache.

The problem is definately skype.

:(