The Uniform Server Community

Admin Panel 2.0 Language Translation

olajideolaolorun

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Draft? I don't understand.... I will test both the Italian and the Big5 when i get home today... if i have time ;) :blink:

1586[/snapback]

i mean that it may contain errors etc.. i should test it.. :)

Be at BetaChat 2 and you can get 3.3 Beta 3 to test it with.

After Beta 3 is the Stable Release of Uniform Server so we need to hurry up. :blink:

r3g, there is a massive amount of bug in your translation. Why? Because of the use of ( ' ) in your translation. You have to replace it with the html code for it, which i do not know of head :blink: Please make sure not to replace the ones that are holding the script together.

Cabra, you have html codes in your translation. I have no idea what it translates to or if they are just symbols but your translation works ok.

Thanks everyone. ;)

Yeah it works now, you had some bugs in there. You did the same thing r3g did with the ( ' ). You added it to the stop server page but i have fixed it :blink:

Thanks.

No bugs.. but i do not know if it is working ... all i see is @#$#$% and all that cause of my setting. You will be able to test it with Beta 3 soon.. :lol:

smc, what was wrong with the first version?

1672[/snapback]

There are nothing wrong in the first version, but I think my translation is not perfect.

So I make some minor changes.

The second version is the final one. :lol:

chinese gb second version

i have seen the big 5 verison , its better than my gb version, so i check my translation again and change some words as i saw the big 5 version.

i had to thank SMC!

The uniform server 3.3 beta looks nice!

but i am too busy and still have no time to test the uniform server 3.3 beta.

poor english and translation,need chinese tester to tell me bug.

ps: i dont like the way of scroll in admin panel, too slow.

gb.zip

You can tell us all that in the BetaChat.. make sure you reply to the post in the developer forum to set the time and date. :lol:

Please lets pause the translation for now. There might be some huge changes after or during the BetaChat which is why we will need every single Translator in the BetaChat.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of using MS Wordpad - which is notoriously fallible in recognizing and handling "funny" characters in plain text files - I really, really, really suggest using instead Notepad2 (see http://www.flos-freeware.ch/ for the file & source code) as it's REALLY transparent, and respectful of whatever text file you open with it: recognizes set file and character encoding properly, respects indentation (doesn't substitute tabs with spaces) and creates picture-perfect encoded files.

Also, I suggest setting the files in the translation pack to UTF-8 with byte-order marker (sometimes also abbreviated to BOM) as that will resolve all the "garbage character" issues you're having now, with non-English languages (e.g., the accented letters) because you're using the very English language oriented ANSI encoding method...

Finally, as to encoding "weird" characters that will be rendered on-screen: which method of HTML entities do you prefer? Numeric or named? I suppose named, e.g.:

é

for the accented e (é) but I wanted to make sure first... Also, should the ampersand in such encoded entities be escaped, and if so how?

Thanks in advance!