The Uniform Server Community

I need a Expert PHP Programmer!!

Lukeyc

hmm... sorry kind of forgot who u are... :rolleyes: too many people.... :) and i am not good with names :unsure:

About the game, what is it about and what kind of game is it.. i might be able to help or not, because i am not that advance in PHP :) but i know enough for now ;).

You forgot me!! :rolleyes: (Im on ya msn list)

Basically what i am looking for is someone who can help me learn PHP and also help me program it onto a website

Here is a word document with all the basic info on there... Tho some is missing as i have not typed it up but i have the notes Xoids.doc

What name did you use to register before? Is this Tucker's friend?

About the PHP needed support, i will post more info later afteri read everythign clear. It is 4:43AM here and i have not slept all night.. :rolleyes: Being working on the website/wiki system.

Good Night or Morning... whatever

hah.. yes.. :rolleyes:

The Mole.... :)

Well, about the game.. i am not that advance :unsure: but you can find code snippets of what u need on Google probably.. ;)

BTW: if i were to say i can help, i won't be able too cause i am very busy nowadays with school, gradution, clients, and 3 open source projects on SF.. :)

• 8 months later...

Hey there Lukeyc....

If you can contact me via a PM then I will help you make your game for you. I think I would know enough to help you make your game... just note I will HELP you, not make it for you.

Known Languages:
adv-XHTML, int-PHP, int-SQL, int-CSS, beg-Python

Currently reading: Take off in Japanese, How to play popular piano in 10 easy lessons, The Magicians' Guild
Currently learning: Python, Piano, Japanese
Current project: Relaxing
Currently playing: FalcHedgehog.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I need to know how to learn PHP in the minimal amount of time because i am making a Text Based Game Called Xoids. Its basically like this http://brokenmetal.net.

I have everything i need i just need help learning and what i need most and what i should leave out

407[/snapback]

I can give my book. It's called... Hmm... No, I don't remember(I'm not home). I can post you the pdf version of it. Just pm me your e-mail.

Panel 3.0+ Status: Who cares!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually using uniserver3.0. which in turns uses phpmyadmin.

To give he whole story I decided to buy an already done online text base game. I have a person that is running it for me so the game is up and going. due to different time tables we cannot talk to each other so he can start showing me how to run it. so I am trying to learn my self.

so I created what I call the fake server on my computer thinking all I would have to do is load the data base. the problem is I dont understand the data base. the file is name database.sql and I cannot seem to import it. I even tried to change it to a text file and a .gz (I think I read that somewhere) with no luck.

In phpmyadmin, I click on the query window link. then I click on the import files I leave the autodetect on for the compression I choose the file

and get this message

Your SQL-query has been executed successfully :

The content of your file has been inserted. (77 Instructions)

after that I have not a clue on what to do. I am probly doing this all wrong. I think it would be easer just to rent another server instead of doing it on my computer. but now since I cant get it to work I will constently think about why.

I have noticed this may be in the wrong forum I appoligize for that. this forum came up in a google surch and didn't go through and read anything else untill after my first post. but still didnt find to much in the other forums that helped me.

thanks for your time any suggestions would help.

oh I also run into this alot

Database darkwars running on localhost

Error

SQL-query :

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `dw_breports` (

`id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',

`time` int( 15 ) NOT NULL default '0',

`news` text NOT NULL ,

`seen` varchar( 10 ) NOT NULL default '',

`header` varchar( 40 ) NOT NULL default ''

)ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 7

thanks if that helps

I think you need to go back to the basics and go learn some little MySQL... it will help you better in what you are doing.. I can't go deep here cause my time is limited and i have to help and reply to others but if it gives you this:

Your SQL-query has been executed successfully :

The content of your file has been inserted. (77 Instructions)

Then, everything is OK and working perfect.... just have to learn a little coding to know what you have to do next... like entering database name and info into the config file or so.

If it gives you this error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 7

Then edit the MySQL Database Export File and delete this:

ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 

Do not delete the closing bracket!

Even after all that, i still think learning a little bit of what you are taking yourself into will help better.... starting from little tutorials and so on...

Good Luck