The Uniform Server Community

[Resolved] Getting access denied error when importing from US 8.8.4 and higher

Lyle

Just noticed this today as I have not done an import to a remote hosting account site from a local US since 8.8.2.

Did some testing and this occurs with US 8.8.4 and higher. US 8.8.3 still works as expected.

Issue:

- getting access denied error when attempting to import a US exported SQL file into the remote host phpMyAdmin.

- always had worked "as expected" up until the above-noted change; that is, export the local db, create a new db on the host and import the db using the host's phpMyAdmin.

Going through the change logs, I notice that phpMyAdmin has been updated along the way. 4.0.0 works (US 8.8.3) but 4.0.2 and up generate this error.

How / where can whatever changes be made so that I do not get this error? When installing a new version of US locally, I always change the db password to what it is on the remote host. The error is that the user 'name_of_HOSTING_account' (not the db user) is denied for 'LOCAL_database_name' (not the remote one).

I need to get this sorted as I recommend the latest version of US every chance I get on the WordPress, eFront and Joomla! forums. I really would not like to recommend they use and "older version".

Cheers!

Lyle

GeneratePress / Elementor / WP Show Posts / Do It Yourself WordPress - Sniffle Valve

You want a WordPress website and you want it now - GOOD CHEAP FAST WEBSITES

Don't take life too seriously ... nobody has ever gotten out of it alive :)

• 2 weeks later...

[Resolved]

I must not have had enough coffee when going through the motions in my previous post :)

All that I had to do when creating the local (US) db was name it EXACTLY what it will be on the remote site. Works just fine now regardless of who the local db user is.

GeneratePress / Elementor / WP Show Posts / Do It Yourself WordPress - Sniffle Valve

You want a WordPress website and you want it now - GOOD CHEAP FAST WEBSITES

Don't take life too seriously ... nobody has ever gotten out of it alive :)