The Uniform Server Community

Running BOTH php4 & php5

raptor

I think its possible however you cannot run both, as modules one of them must be installed as cgi. I would go for php4 as cgi.

You will need to add a, AddHandler and Action php-script to separate out the cgi stuff.

I know it’s a little bit vague that’s because I have never tried it, perhaps some other members on the forum have done this?

All the best

Ric :)

Scrub the above because it is a totally illogical thing to do. Running CGI and modules are not comparing like for like. Added to this will be your target version ideally you should be testing with the same versions of software.

MySQL server is also a significant player this must also match the target. Basically what I am saying my first thoughts are a load of tosh mixing cgi and modules certainly would be the wrong approach.

A more consistent approach would be to set-up two servers that match your testing requirements. This way would avoid/reduce the number of hidden inconsistencies that will come back to haunt you. Admittedly a little more work in the short term while testing however will save a lot of grief long term.

All the best

Scrub the above because it is a totally illogical thing to do. Running CGI and modules are not comparing like for like. Added to this will be your target version ideally you should be testing with the same versions of software.

MySQL server is also a significant player this must also match the target. Basically what I am saying my first thoughts are a load of tosh mixing cgi and modules certainly would be the wrong approach.

A more consistent approach would be to set-up two servers that match your testing requirements. This way would avoid/reduce the number of hidden inconsistencies that will come back to haunt you. Admittedly a little more work in the short term while testing however will save a lot of grief long term.

All the best

Ric,

Thanks for you prompt response. Can I run 2 copies of UniformServer, one on port 80 and one on port 8080?

drl

Can I run 2 copies of UniformServer, one on port 80 and one on port 8080?

Uniform Server is very flexible that’s not a problem you will find details on the following page:

http://center.uniformserver.com/multi_servers/multi.html

All the best