The Uniform Server Community

Security alert...

bk2003

Hi,

I just downloaded an tried to upgrade to 3.2a (i've been using 3.2 for a long time without any problem)

I got this error when I tried to start the MySql server.

Security alert!
Possible attack HTTP_REFERER is not localhost. but ''.

(to disable this warning go: /home/admin/CGI/Secure.pm)

Is there any changes to the way you start MySql?

(

And I also noticed you still use the conf setting with : Register Globals On ... WHY?

And this with output buffering. I think it's on, is this normal by web servers, or is only my web server that hasn't this on by default? Very anoying if a script works local with Uniform server and not on the web.

)

But first plz help me with the error mesage...

/BK

No, its a bug... It has been fixed in 3.3, but since Taras released 3.2a, i believe he didn't notice it.

Unless you chnaged your server port, you should not get that error...

Also about the Register Globals On, i forgot to tell Taras about that. It has been turned Off for 3.3 but please notice that some webhosting do have Register Globals On.

Sorry about the critique, I was in a bad mood yesterday. I love the Uniform server, and the easy way it's working. The new version (3.2a) is working well.

One very good thing about the way it's implemented without installation is that I could have 2 servers on the computer together, and only start the one I need. For testing this is very good. I experimented with this while copying the old files to the new installation.

Thank you...

/BK

• 7 months later...

I'm still getting the problems, with that same message when I try to start mySQL. I changed .htaccess to even allow all and its still not giving me access to it. I have version 3.3 of Uniserver. I didn't change any of my settings at all since I last had the server running. All I did was I stopped uniserver and restarted my computer and started uniserver back up and then tried to start mySQl and I got this message:

Security alert!

Possible attack HTTP_REFERER is not localhost. but ''.

(to disable this warning go: /home/admin/CGI/Secure.pm)

Please could someone help me. I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking into this issue.. .the issue with some computers not naming themselves localhost... I think it is a network card problem or something.... :)