The Uniform Server Community

looping, can only load localhost 1 time

Josso

Hey!

I has (as other people) problem with loading my sites in localhost.

I have deleted all the files and folders (not .htaccess :() in W:\www\ .

Then I created a new index.php with the simple code:

<?php
echo "TEST";
?>

I also created a new folder: test

I started UniformServer with double clicking the " Server_Start.bat ".

It opened my browser, FF2, with this site: file:///W:/home/admin/www/redirect.html

The first time it load my site ok, but if I press F5 it take long time to load (if it at all load the page).

Also my folder /test/ will not load.

I have tried to switch my Windows Firewall off and close as many programs I can.

I have also tried to switch the letter with something else (Z), but it doesn't help.

And now I can't load the index.php in localhost.

So I don't know what to do, now. :o :D

Hope you can help. :D

A. Do you use Skype?

B. Do you have single distros of Apache, PHP or MySQL on your PC?

C. Search your PC for PHP.INI and LIBMYSQL.DLL and make sure its nowhere else but the Uniform Server folder.

D. Do you have IIS?

E. Antivirus or Firewall... They als block Port 80

A. Do you use Skype?

B. Do you have single distros of Apache, PHP or MySQL on your PC?

C. Search your PC for PHP.INI and LIBMYSQL.DLL and make sure its nowhere else but the Uniform Server folder.

D. Do you have IIS?

E. Antivirus or Firewall... They also block Port 80

A. No.

B. I don't think so.

C. I have done. No one.

D. IIS?? Whats that? But I don't think so.

E. Windows Firewall is off and I only have Norton Protection Center, and there is no firewall. (Or I can't find it)

And I use Windows Vista Home Premium.

Yep Norton is a pain but it has one redeeming feature. :(

First make sure you are not connected to the Internet.

Right click on any tray icon bottom right of screen associated with Norton and select DISABLE

That should help eliminate problems with Norton

[Norton is a pain to uninstall I have known it to detect itself as a virus interesting fact that] :D

Yep Norton is a pain but it has one redeeming feature. :D

First make sure you are not connected to the Internet.

Right click on any tray icon bottom right of screen associated with Norton and select DISABLE

That should help eliminate problems with Norton

[Norton is a pain to uninstall I have known it to detect itself as a virus interesting fact that] :D

I disconnected the internet and right click on tray icon, but I can't choose Disable, only: Open Norton Production Center and Edit messageoptions (its on Danish, so its maybe not correct translated).

And I (think I) can't uninstall it because its my dads pc and he won't let me uninstall something there was in the computer, when we buy it. (and here there was a lot of spelling and gramma errors. :( )

If you can't uninstall it to reinstall it, then you have to look for the place to disable it. Norton usually have options to disable for X amount of minutes.... Try that. Or look for where it blocks ports, especially port 80.

The only way to fully test this is to uninstall Norton, i would say you ask you dad for permission to uninstall it for a while and then reinstall it. Just to make sure, cause i have had lots of problems with Norton and the one deactivated might not have anything to do with the blocking part...

It blocked my network, and didnt even allow me to enter my own network for a while too... Took it off and got Avast.

Ask your dad and if he says no, we will have to deal with it one by one...

• 4 weeks later...

Do you see anything in http://localhost and what do you see? Do you see your index.php file that you made? And you sad that your /test/ directory does not work? or load?

The first time I start UniformServer it loads index.php. (I can only load it once)

If I add some text it can't load.

The second time (after I have shut it down) I open UniformServer it doesn't load index.php.

I'm not 100% sure it doesn't load second time, but often it doesn't.

Do you have Skype running> or anything else on port 80.. cause it seems something might be running over it?

I want you to try and download a fresh new copy, run it and tell me what happens...

Do you have Skype running>

No, I haven't Skype.

or anything else on port 80.. cause it seems something might be running over it?

Don't know? Anyway to see it?

I want you to try and download a fresh new copy, run it and tell me what happens...

I have tried that lot of times.

Doesn't work.

Check to see if you have IIS installed on you5r PC... also, would it be safe to ask if you can uninstall your firewall/antivirus just to check if thats the problem?

Check to see if you have IIS installed on you5r PC...

IIS ?? How to check? In the control panel?

also, would it be safe to ask if you can uninstall your firewall/antivirus just to check if thats the problem?

Will ask.

EDIT: Have just tried v3.5 but doesn't work.

Still load and load and load...