The Uniform Server Community

Correct way to upgrade ... but with SSL

Lyle

Thanks Ric for the detailed explanation in the other topic. I tested it locally and works like a charm.

Would the same apply for using SSL?

I have Coral 8.6.8 running in a production setting using SSL (with the cert from a CA - GoDaddy). Yes I know it's "out of date", but it just keeps chugging along with no issues :)

Of course, this version has the OpenSSL vulnerability and I am looking into how I can fix this in the most efficient manner. I am not an SSL "expert" as this is my one and only install using it.

Using the steps in your previous explanation, would it "work" if I just moved the files from the Coral 8.6.8 SSL folder to the SSL folder in Zero 11.1.3 (along with the database export/import of course) or are there additional specific steps to take with the SSL portion? Any other considerations?

Thanks in advance :)

Lyle

GeneratePress / Elementor / WP Show Posts / Do It Yourself WordPress - Sniffle Valve

You want a WordPress website and you want it now - GOOD CHEAP FAST WEBSITES

Don't take life too seriously ... nobody has ever gotten out of it alive :)

I assume you are referring to this page: http://forum.uniformserver.com/index.php?showtopic=2905&hl=

Using the steps in your previous explanation, would it "work" if I just moved the files from the Coral 8.6.8 SSL folder to the SSL folder in Zero 11.1.3 (along with the database export/import of course) or are there additional specific steps to take with the SSL portion? Any other considerations?

The above steps are applicable.
Regarding SSL first enable this using UniController.
Copy your certificates from folder \UniServer\usr\local\apache2\server_certs into folder UniServerZ\core\apache2\server_certs

Make sure any changes you made to file UniServer\usr\local\apache2\conf\extra\httpd-ssl.conf are reflected in file UniServerZ\core\apache2\conf\extra\httpd-ssl.conf

To run the servers as a service download the latest module (ZeroXI_uniservice_1_0_3.exe).

All the best
Ric

Thanks for the quick response Ric :)

Sorry for not specifying the post, but yes, that was the one.

Will give this a go and report back.

Cheers!

Lyle

GeneratePress / Elementor / WP Show Posts / Do It Yourself WordPress - Sniffle Valve

Update:

Did the upgrade overnight as per the excellent instructions and all is up and running smoothly (and noticeably quicker) :)

The only "issue" I had was forgetting to un-comment the SSLCertificateChainFile line and rename the default entry to the one obtained from the CA ... I thought I had had enough coffee :)

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Lyle