The Uniform Server Community

Get the Uniform server www files out of the way!

DavidCG

One minor thing that's always bugged me about Uniform is that it 'takes over' the www root with index.php, .htaccess, favicon, images folder, css folder. Would it be possible to move all of these to e.g. a 'uniform-server' sub-folder, so that I can use www root for my files?

If not, at least Uniform could use inline CSS and base64 images and favicon?

P.S. Steel beta is looking great. Particularly like the integrated tray. Thanks!

You can, just delete the pre-installed files and put your files there. They are just placeholder files.

Hi. Thanks for the reply, but that is not entirely true (for me at least). If I delete the .htacces then I cannot access root. I don't know if it's possible to fix that but it would be nice if we could delete all those files at www - and even better still if they were not there as part of the default install.

No there isn't. You cannot delete the .htaccess but you can modify it with whatever you are trying to put in. Everything else can be deleted.