The Uniform Server Community

Uniform Server Password Troubles

david

Hello

I had installed Uniform Server and phpMyAdmin and was delighted with it.

Unfortunately I tried to start a database and to reset lots of passwords. Completely screwed it up!

Now I get the error message "MySQL said: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) "

I have been thrashing around in config files altering passwords and names to no avail.

I have no data to lose so would be happy to make a clean start if possible.

There is a fair amount of wreckage of earlier failed attempts of separate MySQL and Apache and php installations and I did have a Wamp Server installed.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing but got the same message again.

Maybe something in the registry keeps my forgotten passwords alive.

I would appreciate some advice as to how to completely clear out Uniform Server so I can start again. There is no Uniform Server or Wamp or MySQL or php in the Control Pandel Add or Remove Programs list.

It is a very nice server indeed.

David

Try checking the C:/Windows or C:/Windows/Syetm32 folder for these files: LIBMYSQL.DLL & MY.CNF / MY.INI

To change the password for the MySQL root user, edit the /home/admin/www/mysql_password file.

To add users or anything else, use phpMyAdmin.

Thanks.