The Uniform Server Community

Theme for Uniserver 8.4.0

jignesh.raval11

Hi Team,

Attached

I have created a new theme for Uniserver v8.4.0 and have applied in uni_con_program.hta file. I have attached few screenshots of live Uniserver 8.4.0 running on my wind-XP with new theme.

I want to share it with other users but I dont' know how many files do I need to updated to implement this theme globaly.

I need your help/suggestions to we can give a new cool look to such a great software.

Thanks,

Jignesh Raval

post-5746-1330973941_thumb.jpg

post-5746-1330973951_thumb.jpg

Beautiful design. :)

Too bad that as a server app you won't be interacting with it much... oh wait, actually you will. People use UniServer as their test environment server 99% of the time.

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

What specific files did you create/change? Perhaps we can set up a location for them to be downloaded as a zip. Obviously, we need to check them over just for security's sake. :) Send me a PM

Regards,

BobS

I am very thankful to all of you for your great appreciation and interest in it.

(sorry guys , I am not able to upload this attachment)

As I am not a good VBscript programmer, but having some good knowledge of jQuery and javascript I have created two functions

1] now window is border less and you can drag window without windows default controls.

2] when you will click on close button in the top-right corner, it will check that is apache or mysql is running, if "yes" then it will close both and then will close the application. I think which is not in default application.

I have attached coral uniserver 8.4.0 for your R&D purpose. Currently this this GUI is applied to the main application window.

file location in which I have made changes:

..\Coral_8_4_0\UniServer\uni_con\uni_con_program.hta

I have updated following files to implement this gui.

CSS:

..\Coral_8_4_0\UniServer\uni_con\css\main_style.css

..\Coral_8_4_0\UniServer\uni_con\images

Please provide your help/suggestions to make it better.

Thanks,

Jignesh Raval

You won't be able to add the attachment directly yourself (anti-spam measures). Send a PM from your My Controls area directly to me. We can then get the info uploaded. We only need the changed files, not the entire server load.

Regards,

BobS

Thank you Bob for your help,

I have attached only required files with this message.

This files will need to be placed inside below given folder:

..\Coral_8_4_0\UniServer\uni_con

Please let me know if you need any further detail on this.

Thanks again,

Jignesh Raval

Coral_8_4_0_new_theme_folder_uni_con.zip

Okay, the .zip is available.

After a quick review of the files, I want to point out that we would want to change the footer so it is version-independent. We pick the version number out of the tracker file. See line 51 in the .hta file.

Regards,

BobS

Okay, the .zip is available.

After a quick review of the files, I want to point out that we would want to change the footer so it is version-independent. We pick the version number out of the tracker file. See line 51 in the .hta file.

Regards,

BobS

Thank you very much Bob,

now as the next step I want to apply my changes to all the pages(.hta or other files, which opens as separate window from this main control panel).

Also I want to combine external windows to just one control panel, so user don't need to back and forth to different child pop-ups. so,

My Idea is for example when user clicks on "server configuration" button , it opens seperate pop-up. I think we can update code so now instead of select-box(combo-box : see attached screenshot) it should be displayed in accordian.

see below given example links:

http://www.switchroyale.com/vallenato/

http://www.queness.com/resources/html/accordion/index.html

For this I need some more time and help to understand VBScript code so I can implement my thoughts.

Thanks,

Jignesh Raval

post-5746-1331046539_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Friends,

I have done many changes in Theme to make it more attractive and better.

Lit of changes done in new theme:

1) Added Icon in the top navigation under logo

2) Added Tooltip on mouse over upon navigation

3) The server version number is now dynamic, it will updated according to new version.

4) A huge changes in "Server Configuration" part.

Now instead of separate window it will open in the main window as pop-up with different tabs, like Apache, PHP, MySQL... from there you can change settings. (this part requires through testing)

5) Added "Reload Window" icon next to Close button in top-right corner.

Please see attached screenshots for more detail.

Please provide your valuable suggestions / Ideas.

Thanks,

Jignesh Raval

post-5746-1332143622_thumb.jpg

post-5746-1332143650_thumb.jpg

post-5746-1332143663_thumb.jpg

post-5746-1332143670_thumb.jpg