Starting up

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:01 AM

Tried it. It's still doing the same thing. I know it's <i>trying</i> to work, because it lauches my aol browser and goes to the redirect page. But the redirect page doesn't redirect and when I click on the back to main link I get that 580 error. I also tried with firefox and IE. IE does redirect, but the page it goes to is the same as the aol browser. Firefox just say that the connection was refused.
The fact that I get the redirect page means that it is getting to the internet, right? Does the fact that I have a cable broadband connection make any difference? :D

Not yet... i have to first clear my USB Flash Drive so i can download it but i am also working on the Admin Panel 2.0 Lite so... maybe this weekend or next week... :D You can test it. I promise nothing will happen to your computer, especially not caused by Uniform Server. Uniform Server does not mess with anything like the Registry or System Files so you are safe :)

View Post

#22 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex
  • Wiki ID: olajideolaolorun
  • IRC Nickname: Olajide
  • Main OS: Windows 10

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:06 AM

Can you take a screenshot of the error page on IE and also the error in the CMD window if there is any...

BTW: I also use cable broadand, but that should not be a problem if it won't even load from localhost....

#23 odysseus

odysseus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:35 PM

I have the same problem. I downloaded & unzipped it to a folder.. pressed the start.bat file, and the following occurs (see below the ==== lines):

Also, this is a fairly clean install of Windows XP with SP2.
No virus scanner installed
no firewall

but behind a rounter. but Port forwarding for HTTP port is not being used

So, any ideas on how to get the server to work?

Thanks in advance,

Odysseus
==============

1) The dos window says:

The server is working on the disk w:\ [http/127.0.0.1/a/]

W:\usr\local\Php>

2) The IE 6 window says:

address bar: W:\home\admin\WWW\redirect.html
content:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

========

I unzipped all the files and didn't move anything, and I just tried the http://localhost/a thing and it's the same as before. I get a 580 error page or a website not responding page after the redirect page, which by the way doesn't redirct. I just click the back to main and...

I'm using windows xp with a cable modem and I've tried it with the Norton Firewall off as well.

View Post

#24 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:52 PM

What OS are you using, and please, next time, start your own topic so we can know who is who and what help we give...

Also, did you also install Apache2Triad?

And do you have Skype Installed?

Or anything using Port 80?

The address hosuld also be http://localhost

Is the W:/ drive also created?

#25 odysseus

odysseus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for responding. Sorry, I'm a real neubie with these kinds of boards, but will do as you suggest.

- I'm using WinXP SP2
- no Apache2Triad installed (or other web servers)
- I had uninstalled Skype a few weeks ago, long before I installed Uniform Server
- I have laplink installed (file transfer sw), shareaza, and azureus. None of them use port 80
- those other addresses arent working either
- the W drive looked like it showed up after i started start.bat at the command line console (cmd.exe) , but when I used the "dir" command to look around the W drive I couldn't, because W in fact did not exist. I couldnt find W: from windows explorer either.

Thanks,
Odysseus

What OS are you using, and please, next time, start your own topic so we can know who is who and what help we give...

Also, did you also install Apache2Triad?

And do you have Skype Installed?

Or anything using Port 80?

The address hosuld also be http://localhost

Is the W:/ drive also created?

View Post

#26 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:30 AM

Try pinging port 80.

#27 elyk

elyk

Beta Team Veteran

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • SourceForge IDelyk
  • Wiki ID: elyk
  • IRC Nickname: elyk

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

but behind a rounter. but Port forwarding for HTTP port is not being used

try setting it to foward to your computer. that might be the problem

#28 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:55 AM

The problem is not with the router. :D If you cannot connect to localhost and the W:/ drive is not showing, that has nothing to do with the router. :)

Just tell me what happens when you ping localhost and localhost:80 :)

#29 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:26 AM

Can you take a screenshot of the error page on IE and also the error in the CMD window if there is any...

BTW: I also use cable broadand, but that should not be a problem if it won't even load from localhost....

View Post

No error in the CMD window
Here is the IE Screenshot and I also put in the AOL error page

Attached Files

#30 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:05 PM

I am sorry if i already asked you this question, but i am also kind of confused with 3 help in 1 topic which is what i was trying to avoid since everyone can start a topic of their own... :)

Does the W:/ drive show up?

Can you ping localhost:80 and localhost and tell me what happens on both pings or make a screenshot of both pings...

Thanks. :D

#31 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:04 PM

I am sorry if i already asked you this question, but i am also kind of confused with 3 help in 1 topic which is what i was trying to avoid since everyone can start a topic of their own... :)

Does the W:/ drive show up?

Can you ping localhost:80 and localhost and tell me what happens on both pings or make a screenshot of both pings...

Thanks. :D

View Post

Yes, W:/ drive shows up on My Computer. As for the ping, here's a screenshot of both:

Attached Files

#32 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

Does it stay or does it leave... the W:/ dirve :)

#33 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

Does it stay or does it leave... the W:/ dirve :)

View Post

It leaves when I click stop.bat

#34 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:50 PM

hmm... I wonder what is causing this problems. Can you try and test version 3.1 and see if it works. I want tomake sure that it is not the new start and stop system. If 3.1 doesn't work also, then the problem is with your PC or something blocking port 80... but please, try and see if 3.1 works and tell me...

Thanks

#35 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:30 PM

hmm... I wonder what is causing this problems. Can you try and test version 3.1 and see if it works. I want tomake sure that it is not the new start and stop system. If 3.1 doesn't work also, then the problem is with your PC or something blocking port 80... but please, try and see if 3.1 works and tell me...

Thanks

View Post

I got it to work! I've tried uninstalling the antivirus and uninstalling the firewall and even both at once and it didn't work. However when I complete uninstalled the Norton Security program and installed a diffrent antivirus and firewall (Mcafee) it works perfectly. I think it has to be configed to work with it from the very begining or it won't work. Thank you for all of your help :). You were great! I'll let you know how things are working out, but for now I want to try the server out.

darkness

#36 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 25 March 2005 - 11:42 PM

Oh my lord, darkness... I am sure i told you to totally uninstall both the anti-virus and firewall software before? :)

Anyways, good luck to y'all :)

Thanks

BTW: I did... it is on Page 1 :D LOL

#37 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:08 AM

Oh my lord, darkness... I am sure i told you to totally uninstall both the anti-virus and firewall software before? :)

Anyways, good luck to y'all  :)

Thanks

BTW: I did... it is on Page 1 :D LOL

View Post

I did, one at a time and both at once, but the Norton Security folder stayed on. I thought that without the firewall and the antivirus that it couldn't do anything. Oh well, I guess I learned something new.
In any case, I can't get it to work with my Norton stuff at all, so I had to switch. At least the subscription is almost up.

#38 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:38 PM

:)

#39 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:03 PM

There was a website that gave instuctions on how to use the Uniform Server, with pages that looked like the server pages when it's active.
You wouldn't happen to know the address of the page would you? I thought I had it bookmarked, but I can't seem to find it.

#40 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:02 PM

I do not understand... instructions on what kind of server pages? 404 error pages? or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users