Starting up

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:00 PM

Ok, I got everything installed easily enough, but when I run the start.bat file, the w:/ drive shows up and the browser window open like they are supposed to, but the only thing the window shows is the "back to main" purple page. cliic that and it takes you to http://localhost/a/ , which says website not responding. No admin page has shown up yet. I could use some help please.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:33 PM

Ok, I got everything installed easily enough, but when I run the start.bat file, the w:/ drive shows up and the browser window open like they are supposed to, but the only thing the window shows is the "back to main"  purple page. cliic that and it takes you to http://localhost/a/ , which says website not responding. No admin page has shown up yet. I could use some help please.

View Post

Anybody here?

#3 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

Project Helper

• Super Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • SourceForge IDdk_alleykat
  • IRC Nickname: (@)AlleyKat :P

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:27 PM

Sure all files are in place? Anything changed? What version are you using?

#4 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex
  • Wiki ID: olajideolaolorun
  • IRC Nickname: Olajide
  • Main OS: Windows 10

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:13 AM

Try http://localhost/a without the end slash also....

Sorry for the long delay.. forgot to reply...

#5 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:32 AM

I unzipped all the files and didn't move anything, and I just tried the http://localhost/a thing and it's the same as before. I get a 580 error page or a website not responding page after the redirect page, which by the way doesn't redirct. I just click the back to main and...

I'm using windows xp with a cable modem and I've tried it with the Norton Firewall off as well.

Try http://localhost/a without the end slash also....

Sorry for the long delay.. forgot to reply...

View Post

#6 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

Sometimes you have to uninstall the anti-virus software to make sure.... they still normally block port 80 even with it Off..

Does any other page work? any http://localhost/test.html or .php or any other page at all?

#7 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:31 PM

All I get is this:

580 Server Error
This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Please click the Reload or Refresh button to try again.

So, I should uninstall my virus protection and firewall? I'm also on AOL which can do weird things to programs too.

#8 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:48 AM

First time i ever hearc of 580 Error....

Never happened before. And since all other pages are not working i can guess that the server is not starting at all....

Yes, try uninstalling it... maybe it is the problem... they have been known to cause problems with the server....

If it isn't, reply and i will look into this further....

BTW: Have you ever installed apache, php, or mysql themselves?

#9 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:27 PM

I tried an installer pack a few days before I found this one. It was apache2triad1.5.1 I ran the uninstaller for it instead of going to the add/remove programs :)

First time i ever hearc of 580 Error....

Never happened before. And since all other pages are not working i can guess that the server is not starting at all....

Yes, try uninstalling it... maybe it is the problem... they have been known to cause problems with the server....

If it isn't, reply and i will look into this further....

BTW: Have you ever installed apache, php, or mysql themselves?

View Post

#10 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:41 PM

Hmmmm.... do you know if it left any kind of file or registry dust on your PC?.... search for a libmysql.dll file, if you find it in any other directory other than that of The Uniform Server delete it. Also search for the php.ini file... they cause errors when they are elsewhere....

Also check to see if it left a registry dust... like a Apache service or MySQL service dust..?

I think it should have delete everything but not too sure...

#11 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

You know, this is most likely a problem on my end. XP comes with built in networking gear, but I never did get it to work. I had to download AnalogX Proxy just to network the family pc to mine, where the instructions said it should have worked on it's own. I really need a good server to practice my php and mysql on so if you can think of anything at all that might be of help, please let me know. And thanks for taking the time to help me out.

darklness

Hmmmm.... do you know if it left any kind of file or registry dust on your PC?.... search for a libmysql.dll file, if you find it in any other directory other than that of The Uniform Server delete it. Also search for the php.ini file... they cause errors when they are elsewhere....

Also check to see if it left a registry dust... like a Apache service or MySQL service dust..?

I think it should have delete everything but not too sure...

View Post

#12 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:21 AM

So did you search your computer for the libmysql.dll file? and also for the php.ini file?

I do not think that anything proxy should disturb your computer though it might but i do not think so....

#13 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

I scanned the files, but didn't see anything. I should be looking in the windows directory right? I'll go over it again more slowly just to make sure.

So did you search your computer for the libmysql.dll file? and also for the php.ini file?

I do not think that anything proxy should disturb your computer though it might but i do not think so....

View Post

#14 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:12 AM

Yes, you should :D

#15 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

I searched myself and used the search windows thing. Didn't come up with anything, and I searched the entire c: drive. Still I know it has to be something from the eairlier program I tried because when I booted up this morning I got 'The Blue Screen of Death'. I restarted and everything came on fine. The computer is only a few months old and I've never had trouble before that triade program. Do you thing I should reinstall it and try removing it again, or just revert the harddrive to before I installed it?

#16 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:08 AM

What program is that? The proxy program..?

If it is, you could try the System Restore Tool and test the server to see if it works and if it doesn't, re-restore it :D

#17 erissiva

erissiva

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:45 PM

I am also having asimilar error.

I too used the Apache2Triad install and am getting this error when I try to start the server:

ERROR!!!
One of the instances of Apache server is started. Use stop.bat
Presss any key to continue...

I have uninstalled Apache2Triad after killing all processes. I restarted, cleaned my registry. Restarted again.

I double-clicked start.bat and got this error. So I exited it and used stop.bat.

Nothing. Still gives me the error. I check the task manager and can't find a thing...

#18 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

Here is what i will do, i will install Apache2Triad on a test PC and see if i can get the Uniform Server to work on it after uninstall.

This should help a lot and also help me troubleshoot it for you.

Thanks.

#19 darkness

darkness

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:11 AM

Any luck? I restored my pc to before I installed Apache2Triad and haven't seen the 'Blue Screen of Death' again. I downloaded the uniform server again, but haven't tried it yet. Getting that screen was kind of a scare, so I think I'll wait to see what you have to say before trying again.

Here is what i will do, i will install Apache2Triad on a test PC and see if i can get the Uniform Server to work on it after uninstall.

This should help a lot and also help me troubleshoot it for you.

Thanks.

View Post

#20 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:40 AM

Not yet... i have to first clear my USB Flash Drive so i can download it but i am also working on the Admin Panel 2.0 Lite so... maybe this weekend or next week... :) You can test it. I promise nothing will happen to your computer, especially not caused by Uniform Server. Uniform Server does not mess with anything like the Registry or System Files so you are safe :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users