The Uniform Server Community

Help, i cant run my Uniserver

Greetings,

i have some problems and hoping that i can get some help here..

i Run the 'start' file to begin my uniserver.. and i got this error

there was a problem sending the command to the program

i tried accessing localhost/a/ and i do reache my main panel.. i try running my 'mySQL' database and all seems to be working well, but when accessing my 'phpMyAdmin' i receive this kind of error on my page..

#2003 - The server is not responding

pls help me, i need to get back my server, as i am preparing something for my live forums in phpBB..and now, i have this problem and i cant continue my job.. can anyone pls help me. :(

thank you so much in advance..

You said it showed that error the in Start.bat? Never got or seen that error before...

You also say that everything works well except fot phpMyAdmin right? Is the MySQL server started... you have to start it from the Admin Panel...

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings,

i have some problems and hoping that i can get some help here..

i Run the 'start' file to begin my uniserver.. and i got this error

there was a problem sending the command to the program

i tried accessing localhost/a/ and i do reache my main panel.. i try running my 'mySQL' database and all seems to be working well, but when accessing my 'phpMyAdmin' i receive this kind of error on my page..

#2003 - The server is not responding

pls help me, i need to get back my server, as i am preparing something for my live forums in phpBB..and now, i have this problem and i cant continue my job.. can anyone pls help me. :angry:

thank you so much in advance..

378[/snapback]

I believe that your problem is that there is confusion between start.exe and the built in windows command start

The windows Start command is the command prompt equivalent of running a command from the Run menu. I have often thought that uniform server should not have a file named "start.bat" but rather something that cannot be confused for a windows command.

I believe the problem has been fixed, but also to make a point on your reply, We do not have a Start.exe but a Start.bat :P and the .bat is not a windows command file but a batch file. :)

We use it to start the server because it is much easier and because of size. Making a .exe would be about 200KB when the .bat is only 1KB, so what is the point....?

I believe that your problem is that there is confusion between start.exe and the built in windows command start

The windows Start command is the command prompt equivalent of running a command from the Run menu. I have often thought that uniform server should not have a file named "start.bat" but rather something that cannot be confused for a windows command.

605[/snapback]

What he is trying to say is that if you're using the Command Prompt or Run to start Uniform Server, you need to use start.bat not start, as start runs the start.exe that's included with Windows.

Is everything clear now?

I understand what he is saying but i do not think that Jeane is starting it from command prompt :P

oh... what the heck... i am sure he got it fixed by now.... i'm tired :)