The Uniform Server Community

Session Variables

DannyH

Hi Guys, :D

Now I wonder if anyone here can help me with this issue. I am running Joomla 1.5.7 & Vcalendar on Uniform Server.

Now in my Joomla website I have a login section were the member logs in and then a separate menu comes up with a link to Vcalendar

Now what I would like is when they click the link to Vcalendar they are automatically then logged into Vcalendar as there Username and Password are the same.

I contacted Vcalendar and this is what they said:

Hello Danny,

Please create "UserID", "UserLogin" and "GroupID" session variables in any other page and you will be automatically logged in. In other words the fact that somebody is "logged in" means simply that those 3 session variables exist.

Best regards,

George

I have posted on Joomla Fourms and one Guy told me to try this Plugging & Module http://extensions.joomla.org/component/opt...,765/Itemid,35/

which I had no luck with

Now I am finding this really hard to get my head round ;) as I am not a programmer, and was just wondering if anyone would be able to help?

Many thanks :blink:

Danny

Personal website

Uniform Server - hMail Server - Joomla

Hi Danny,

I think the task is difficult unless you understand how each application works.

However that said you could always use a kludge! I am assuming this is on an Intranet and security is not an issue.

You create a single auto-login page and direct each user to it. Alternatively create one for each user with individual name and password.

The page or pages have the following code:

<html>
<body onload="document.myform.submit()">
<div style="visibility:hidden">
<form name="myform" method="post" action="login.php?ccsForm=Login" name="Login">
<input type="text" name="login" value="admin" >
<input type="password" name="password" value="root66" >
</form>
</div>
</body></html>

Save as newlogin.html (any name/s of your choice) save the page or pages in folder vcalendar. Note change login name (admin) and password (root66) accordingly.

When the page finishes loading it runs the JavaScript “document.myform.submit()” which automatically submits the form. The div just hides the form hence for a short time user will see a blank page.

It has a number of disadvantages, what happens if a user changes password? Its hard coded, if individual pages used would become difficult to maintain for a large number of users.

Anyway its food for thought and may be of use.

All the best

Ric :D

Thanks Ric, :D

This has really giving me food for thought!!!!!!! :D

Thanks so much for your time help and effort on this issue the login works perfect.

I will now try and implement this into our system.

Danny B)

Personal website

Uniform Server - hMail Server - Joomla

• 1 year later...

This kludge can it be used for sugarcrm and if so how

would one change the code above to login

?ccsform what does this refer to ?

Can this be used for any forms ie if you know the input textbox names can you send as many data fields

as required.

There seems to be a lot of scope for this little function

I am new to programming and little things like this trow me

Thanks