The Uniform Server Community

SQL SYNTAX ERROR?

Heinz Stapff

I believe this is the line of code that the error is indicating and I can't see a problem.

Hope someone else can :rolleyes:

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM '".$q."'")or die(mysql_error( ));

Coral Yeah I can't find the phpMyAdmin link in the UniServer Home page. I must have screwed it up trying to load Notepad++ and it's plugin for php to the D: drive. Seems like Notepad installs it's own latest version of dbdebug.dll that throws an unknown exception alert. I took all the files out and reset the php.ini file but can't get phpMyAmin anymore. Will try what you said. Uniform Server board site is loading very slowly.

Coral in development mode I'm still getting syntax error near "undefined" at line 1? In development mode. Wasn't aware I was in production mode in the first place. I had the two terms backwards. I thought development was before-publishing and production = published.

I realize I should have posted in the PHP forums but I haven't had time. I had to reinstall Uniserver and rebuild the database. I saved exported database to table folder in myDocs site folder just incase this happens again. I used every format I figured I could use later to reinstall. I'm wondering if Notepad++ would help. It caused me a lot of headaches trying to get it to work. Ric's posts are obsolete at this point, none of the files he mentions are even in the Notepad++ latest version and other people where saying to install .dll to Uniserver/Apache2/modules etc. with obsolete none existant files. One things for sure, I dont want to see another 'Unknown Exception' thrown by Notepad++ again. I'm guessing that the latest Notepad++ installs the latest php debuger from sourceforge oberon lexer2 and WIN XP dosen't like it.

I'm also guessing that you did not notice any syntax error in the above mentioned code? I tried every form of quotes before I even posted. The funy thing is, I had it working fine when the javascript ajax call was placed directly on the li item by id and produced the correct html output. It wasn't untill I used the onclick of the ul by id that it stoped producing html. I saw something about IE8 not using onclick of uls that well and that onchange was more appropriate. I'll try it though I'd rather be cross browser compatible, and that is more of a select options syntax. :rolleyes: tierd now, got to kick it in the head.