The Uniform Server Community

Uniform Server and Langages

unipus

Hello!

First of all, thanks for putting out Uniform Server. I've been using it as a portable dev environment for two years and never had a problem!

Until now...

First of all, I'm running uniform server 3.5-Apollo on Windows XP.

Problem: I'm working on a project that is a single web page (HTML) translated into three other languages: Spanish, Chinese, and Russian. The English site works fine, but when I copy and pasted the other languages into the HTML, all browsers are showing bizarre characters instead of the proper language representation.

When I copy the exact same files to my debian production server (or a different IIS dev environment), the pages show properly when using the same browsers on the same machines (in other words, my viewing environment hasn't changed).

The only change in the equation is the server, and only Uniform Server is giving me trouble. Since this is my first time doing translation work, I'm not even sure where this would reside.

This is pretty much a plain vanill install of Uniform Server, so I haven't made many changes to the .conf files. Any help would be apprecited!

Matt

Problem: I'm working on a project that is a single web page (HTML) translated into three other languages: Spanish, Chinese, and Russian.

I will take a look if you would post four complete pages (English, Spanish, Chinese, and Russian). They only need to contain a single line that shows the problem I am really after the headers you are using. Complete single line pages will save time.

All the best

Ric :)

What I was thinking if you have headers like the following:

<html>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<body>
<b>说明</b><br/>
这是一份非常间单的说明书…<br/>
</body>
</html>

Add the following (last line as shown to .htaccess in folder www)

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1

AddCharset UTF-8 .html

All the best

Ric :)