The Uniform Server Community

HELP I GOT PROBLEMS

Nighthawk

when i click on phpMyAdmin i get the following error: #2003 - The server is not responding, i disabled my firewall and it worked once but it hasnt worked since and it always comes up with that error. i checked to make sure mysql is running and it is so something has gone terribly wrong, PLS HELP ME :) :)

Download a new copy and test it with it. Also check to make sure that there is not a file called LIBMYSQL.DLL on your PC. It is usually in C:/Windows/System32.

Also make sure that you do not have another MySQL running... you might not know, but some programs install MySQL for use with the program functions.... programs like SAM Broadcaster and so on...

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm getting the same error too.

It was working fine. I had done the 'downgrade' to mysq4 for testing zencart 1.2 locally. I then tried to install zencart 1.3 into a new directory, everything was fine until the install script wanted to access the database. I had forgotten to create an empty database for zencart to populate. I went to phpmyadmin and got

"#2003 - The server is not responding"

Ever since then I haven't been able to get mysql working. The previous zencart 1.2 now didn't work either. I now get "0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED"

I don't have libmysql.dll in windows\system32

I've rebooted several times.

I've expanded 3.3 again into a new directory and run it there just by itself and the same answer :)

Why would a new install have the same error??

I can check to see uniserve is running

I can check to see if apache is running

I don't 'see' mysql' in the task list, what should I be looking for to check that it is running.

I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks

Alan

Move your work to a new folder, delete that old copy and restart your PC. Download a new copy, extract it and put your work in it and test it. Don't forget to start the MySQL server.

Did you install the service tool?

Move your work to a new folder, delete that old copy and restart your PC. Download a new copy, extract it and put your work in it and test it. Don't forget to start the MySQL server.

Did you install the service tool?

Didn't install anything apart from the main download.

Do you mean plugins? If so no. Do I need to? Will it help? :)

Just going out now. Will try your specific steps later.

Thanks

Alan

Hi,

I deleted my previous copy of uniform3.3. Renamed the existing folder. I rebooted the pc. Downloaded a new copy of uniform3_3.exe and extracted it. Clicked on server_start. On the start up webpage clicked on run mysql and then clicked on phpmyadmin and it worked. :)

So all previous combinations of what I did, didn't get phpmyadmin working :)

I'm now going to retrace my steps to downgrade mysql and copy across my old mysql database and see if I can get everything to work again.

Many thanks for your help olajideolaolorun.

Great piece of software by the way.

Thanks

Alan

Hi,

I think I found the real cause :)

I was clicking phpmyadmin too quickly!

Now, after clicking run mysql, if I wait until I see mysqld-opt.exe running in my task list, then I click phpmyadmin, everything is fine!

Best regards

Alan

Hi,

For anyone else stuck on this problem, I think I have my final solution.

Yes sometimes I had to wait a while for the sql program to initialise and start running properly.

But I found that from a fresh reboot, I could start mysql without a problem. But when I shut down the server and then restarted it, when I then tried to restart mysql by clicking the menu on the side, mysql did not restart.

But if I manually click the runmysql.bat in the mysql directory, the mysql program started correctly and I could continue.

Hope this helps someone. Took me a week to figure out this combination!

Best regards

Alan