The Uniform Server Community

How To Install PPMPackages

Pockets

I need to add several packages to the Perl lib. on my XP server.

I found what I needed from http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zip...s-only/Windows/ but don't know how install into uniserver.

There's not a ppm file to load up the modules.

ex: ppm install Unix.ppd

Actually, I wouldn't mind installing the full Perl version into uniserver if possible, but will settle for adding PPMPackages as they are needed.

Download the Windows ActivePerl AS Package from http://www.activeperl.com.

Copy over all files named ppm or has ppm in front of them from the "perl/bin" folder to the "W:/usr/bin" folder.

Try it and see if it will work...

Thanks

Well it looks like it's going to be more complicated then dropping the ppm files in the bin dir.The PPM configuration (actually it's all in a .bat file) apparently wants to read the windows registry to find another module (TieRegistry.pm) that it uses to compile the ppd's.

After coping the ppm files and running the cmd: ppm install Unix.ppd

E:\Server\UniServer3_2a\diskw\usr\bin>ppm install Unix.ppd
Can't locate Win32/TieRegistry.pm in @INC (@INC contains: E:/Server/UniServer3_2 a/diskw/usr/lib .) at ppm.bat line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ppm.bat line 15.

I think my solution is to do a full Perl install outside of uniform server and point my cgi scripts to use it.

Wait.. thats not the problem... that module might not be in the Uniform Server's default lib. You have to understand that not every Perl Library is in there..

If the server really does say this:

E:\Server\UniServer3_2a\diskw\usr\bin>ppm install Unix.ppd
Can't locate Win32/TieRegistry.pm in @INC (@INC contains: E:/Server/UniServer3_2 a/diskw/usr/lib .) at ppm.bat line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ppm.bat line 15.

Then it knows where to find the libraries.... but that module might not be there.. .so check .. you may have to copy it over... :P

Thanks.