The Uniform Server Community

uniserver apache error

jeret

can someone please help and tell me what does this mean? i got this error in my apache error.log

[Thu Mar 24 12:34:28 2011] [error] [client 65.52.110.13] File does not exist: C:/UniServer/www/robots.txt

thank you

Jeret Christopher WEB DESIGNER

The error means just what it says! There is no file named “robots.txt” in folder www

Something (may be a web crawler?) has attempted to read that file and the error created and logged in Apache’s error log file. Check in Apache’s access log file for a matching access to file “robots.txt” should provide an indication what attempted to access that file.

A robots.txt if it exists prevents crawler logging your site pages. If one does not exits it assumes you wish your site searched and indexed.

The error means just what it says! There is no file named “robots.txt” in folder www

Something (may be a web crawler?) has attempted to read that file and the error created and logged in Apache’s error log file. Check in Apache’s access log file for a matching access to file “robots.txt” should provide an indication what attempted to access that file.

A robots.txt if it exists prevents crawler logging your site pages. If one does not exits it assumes you wish your site searched and indexed.

HI Coral,

Jeret Christopher WEB DESIGNER