• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeret

jeret

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Main OS: Windows 2000

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

can someone please help and tell me what does this mean? i got this error in my apache error.log

[Thu Mar 24 12:34:28 2011] [error] [client 65.52.110.13] File does not exist: C:/UniServer/www/robots.txt

thank you
Jeret Christopher WEB DESIGNER

#2 Coral

Coral

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Main OS: Windows XP

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

The error means just what it says! There is no file named “robots.txt” in folder www

Something (may be a web crawler?) has attempted to read that file and the error created and logged in Apache’s error log file. Check in Apache’s access log file for a matching access to file “robots.txt” should provide an indication what attempted to access that file.

A robots.txt if it exists prevents crawler logging your site pages. If one does not exits it assumes you wish your site searched and indexed.

#3 jeret

jeret

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Main OS: Windows 2000

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

The error means just what it says! There is no file named “robots.txt” in folder www

Something (may be a web crawler?) has attempted to read that file and the error created and logged in Apache’s error log file. Check in Apache’s access log file for a matching access to file “robots.txt” should provide an indication what attempted to access that file.

A robots.txt if it exists prevents crawler logging your site pages. If one does not exits it assumes you wish your site searched and indexed.

HI Coral,

Jeret Christopher WEB DESIGNER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users