• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 polyphem

polyphem

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:43 AM

HiHo,

first thanks for your great work, i'm using the Uniformserver since the early 2.x releases and it safed me lots of time.

Now a Perl related question, i tried to include a module in one of my perl scripts, but it doesnt work.

Perl-Script first two lines, without the second the script works fine:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Time::HiRes;

Error-Log:
[Mon Jul 11 13:34:09 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: test.pl
[Mon Jul 11 13:34:09 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't locate loadable object for module Time::HiRes in @INC (@INC contains: W:/usr/lib .) at W:/cgi-bin/test.pl line 2\r
[Mon Jul 11 13:34:09 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Compilation failed in require at W:/cgi-bin/test.pl line 2.\r
[Mon Jul 11 13:34:09 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at W:/cgi-bin/test.pl line 2.\r

The drive is subst and the module is available at w:\usr\lib\time\HiRes.pm. Any hints for me to get it working?

Regards
Polyphem

#2 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex
  • Wiki ID: olajideolaolorun
  • IRC Nickname: Olajide
  • Main OS: Windows 10

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:25 AM

You have to understand that not all Perl modules are in the Uniform Server. Just the basic ones :P

What you have to do is look for tht module and dowload it to the W:/usr/lib folder and everything should be fine.

Try downloading it CPAN. :D

I am sure thats the problem... :)

Thanks

#3 polyphem

polyphem

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:31 AM

You have to understand that not all Perl modules are in the Uniform Server. Just the basic ones :P

What you have to do is look for tht module and dowload it to the W:/usr/lib folder and everything should be fine.

Try downloading it CPAN. :D

I am sure thats the problem... :)

Thanks

View Post

I guess thats not the problem, as mentioned the module seems to be pre-installed with uniformserver, as this file is present:
C:\Uni\diskw\usr\lib\Time\HiRes.pm
and subst of course
w:\usr\lib\Time\HiRes.pm

but nevertheless its not being found by @INC definition ?

#4 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:39 AM

Can you try and post the whole script here... be sure to use the code tags on them.

Thanks.

#5 MrX

MrX

The Mad Theorist

• Support Team
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Wiki ID: MrX
  • IRC Nickname: MrX, MrX- and MrX_

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:06 AM

Ok.. Loadable Module refers to HiRes.dll, which is needed to perform some functions.
You'll need to find a copy of HiRes.dll that is compatible with ActivePerl included in Uniform Server, or else, you'll get errors :P.
The DLL needs to be placed in W:\usr\lib\auto\Time\HiRes\.

EDIT: Download http://ppm.activesta...-HiRes-1.49.zip. Copy everything from Time-HiRes-1.49.zip\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar.gz\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar\blib\arch\auto\Time\HiRes\ into W:\usr\lib\auto\Time\HiRes\ and replace W:\usr\lib\Time\HiRes.pm with Time-HiRes-1.49.zip\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar.gz\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar\blib\lib\Time\HiRes.pm

Hope that helps

Edited by MrX, 14 July 2005 - 08:27 AM.

#6 polyphem

polyphem

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:59 PM

Ok.. Loadable Module refers to HiRes.dll, which is needed to perform some functions.
You'll need to find a copy of HiRes.dll that is compatible with ActivePerl included in Uniform Server, or else, you'll get errors ;).
The DLL needs to be placed in W:\usr\lib\auto\Time\HiRes\.

EDIT: Download http://ppm.activesta...-HiRes-1.49.zip. Copy everything from Time-HiRes-1.49.zip\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar.gz\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar\blib\arch\auto\Time\HiRes\ into W:\usr\lib\auto\Time\HiRes\ and replace W:\usr\lib\Time\HiRes.pm with Time-HiRes-1.49.zip\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar.gz\Time-HiRes-1.49.tar\blib\lib\Time\HiRes.pm

Hope that helps

View Post

Thanks for the answer MrX, meanwhile i solved this microtime issue with a php-script :P, I'll download the dlls and will try and give feedback later on.

#7 olajideolaolorun

olajideolaolorun

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • SourceForge IDempirex

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:05 PM

what php script will that be...?