The Uniform Server Community

phpMyAdmin Error Msg

Bigbam505

Ok so I just got uniform server and put it on my 4 gig cruzer thumb drive and it works amzingly except for the phpMyAdmin. Everytime i open it it gives me an error

phpMyAdmin - Error

Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

I believe this is the error msg it is referrring to as it is repeated exactly everal times

- [Mon Apr 14 22:27:53 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/\\sess_bp19h11sbdqmfje6js1lq9qco4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Y:\\home\\admin\\www\\phpMyAdmin\\libraries\\session.inc.php on line 100

I did not change anything on the server setting wise, and have no clue why this error is showing up? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I didn't find any other topics that helped.

Please help thanks

I did not change anything on the server setting wise,

If that’s true I would expect drive W and not Y:\\home.... also I notice double back slashes.

I have seen something similar however the cause kills apanel in your case apanel is running. Anyway the solution is worth trying and it’s quick to implement:

Open file: config.inc.php

Located in folder: *\Uniform Server\udrive\home\admin\www\includes

Change the line (line 26): $drive="$pathArray[0]/$pathArray[1]";

To: $drive="$pathArray[0]";

Note: The file sess_bp19h11sbdqmfje6js1lq9qco4 (name will be different for each session) can be found in folder W:/tmp

Would be interested to know if that resolves the problem.

All the best

Ric :)