The Uniform Server Community

apache started, but nothing there

gopo

Hi

I'm running Uniform Server 3.3 on my local computer (developping/testing) and I've used it for about a week now. I had another testing server before.

Strange: today I've started the server as usual, but all I get is a white screen. There is absolutley nothing there. I didn't do anything out of ordinary the last couple of days (opdates for instance), so I can't figure it out what's wrong.

When I'm starting the server I'm been redirected as usual to the /apanel/, but nothing. It seems like there is no server. Though I don't get any error when starting.

I even restarted my computer, but didn't helped.

Any ideas? Does any of you have this starnge problem?

:)

I'm running the server on a Win XP SP2

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I'm running Uniform Server 3.3 on my local computer (developping/testing) and I've used it for about a week now. I had another testing server before.

Strange: today I've started the server as usual, but all I get is a white screen. There is absolutley nothing there. I didn't do anything out of ordinary the last couple of days (opdates for instance), so I can't figure it out what's wrong.

When I'm starting the server I'm been redirected as usual to the /apanel/, but nothing. It seems like there is no server. Though I don't get any error when starting.

I even restarted my computer, but didn't helped.

Any ideas? Does any of you have this starnge problem?

:(

I'm running the server on a Win XP SP2

2900[/snapback]

Hey

I've been using an older version of unifomr server for a few years and been very happy, many thanks...but just recently the same problem happened (I'm running win xp pro sp2 too...). I'm sorry, but I tried xampp which is huge and overbearing, but the same problem happened. Now I'm back, downloaded the latest version, and guess what? No difference whatsoever. In fact the redirect page kicks in, redirects, a flash of apanel comes up, and then zilch, nada, nuttin'. And apache has stopped, as quickly as it has started. hmmm. Just as I really need to start my latest project. Any help out there would be really handy....ta.

Look for a file called LIBMYSQL.DLL in your C:/Windows or C:/Windows/System32 folder.

Also make sure you do not have Skype running, if you do, enter the settings to change the port for your incoming to somthing else other than port 80.

Please bear with us as we will try solving this problem, step by step. Troubleshooting where this problem may be coming from.

Thanks

Look for a file called LIBMYSQL.DLL in your C:/Windows or C:/Windows/System32 folder.

Also make sure you do not have Skype running, if you do, enter the settings to change the port for your incoming to somthing else other than port 80.

Please bear with us as we will try solving this problem, step by step. Troubleshooting where this problem may be coming from.

Thanks

2990[/snapback]

thanks, thanks thanks....I turned off skype and it worked..I feel stupid it was something that stupid..a conflict on the same port? Must get a port scanner to what is running on what....not really sure what you intend for LIBMYSQL.DLL : delete?edit?