The Uniform Server Community

Starting up

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, I got everything installed easily enough, but when I run the start.bat file, the w:/ drive shows up and the browser window open like they are supposed to, but the only thing the window shows is the "back to main" purple page. cliic that and it takes you to http://localhost/a/ , which says website not responding. No admin page has shown up yet. I could use some help please.

Guest Guest
Ok, I got everything installed easily enough, but when I run the start.bat file, the w:/ drive shows up and the browser window open like they are supposed to, but the only thing the window shows is the "back to main"  purple page. cliic that and it takes you to http://localhost/a/ , which says website not responding. No admin page has shown up yet. I could use some help please.

35[/snapback]

Anybody here?

I unzipped all the files and didn't move anything, and I just tried the http://localhost/a thing and it's the same as before. I get a 580 error page or a website not responding page after the redirect page, which by the way doesn't redirct. I just click the back to main and...

I'm using windows xp with a cable modem and I've tried it with the Norton Firewall off as well.

Try http://localhost/a without the end slash also....

Sorry for the long delay.. forgot to reply...

56[/snapback]

Sometimes you have to uninstall the anti-virus software to make sure.... they still normally block port 80 even with it Off..

Does any other page work? any http://localhost/test.html or .php or any other page at all?

All I get is this:

580 Server Error

This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Please click the Reload or Refresh button to try again.

So, I should uninstall my virus protection and firewall? I'm also on AOL which can do weird things to programs too.

First time i ever hearc of 580 Error....

Never happened before. And since all other pages are not working i can guess that the server is not starting at all....

Yes, try uninstalling it... maybe it is the problem... they have been known to cause problems with the server....

If it isn't, reply and i will look into this further....

BTW: Have you ever installed apache, php, or mysql themselves?

I tried an installer pack a few days before I found this one. It was apache2triad1.5.1 I ran the uninstaller for it instead of going to the add/remove programs :)

First time i ever hearc of 580 Error....

Never happened before. And since all other pages are not working i can guess that the server is not starting at all....

Yes, try uninstalling it... maybe it is the problem... they have been known to cause problems with the server....

If it isn't, reply and i will look into this further....

BTW: Have you ever installed apache, php, or mysql themselves?

66[/snapback]

Hmmmm.... do you know if it left any kind of file or registry dust on your PC?.... search for a libmysql.dll file, if you find it in any other directory other than that of The Uniform Server delete it. Also search for the php.ini file... they cause errors when they are elsewhere....

Also check to see if it left a registry dust... like a Apache service or MySQL service dust..?

I think it should have delete everything but not too sure...

You know, this is most likely a problem on my end. XP comes with built in networking gear, but I never did get it to work. I had to download AnalogX Proxy just to network the family pc to mine, where the instructions said it should have worked on it's own. I really need a good server to practice my php and mysql on so if you can think of anything at all that might be of help, please let me know. And thanks for taking the time to help me out.

darklness

Hmmmm.... do you know if it left any kind of file or registry dust on your PC?.... search for a libmysql.dll file, if you find it in any other directory other than that of The Uniform Server delete it. Also search for the php.ini file... they cause errors when they are elsewhere....

Also check to see if it left a registry dust... like a Apache service or MySQL service dust..?

I think it should have delete everything but not too sure...

78[/snapback]

So did you search your computer for the libmysql.dll file? and also for the php.ini file?

I do not think that anything proxy should disturb your computer though it might but i do not think so....

I scanned the files, but didn't see anything. I should be looking in the windows directory right? I'll go over it again more slowly just to make sure.

So did you search your computer for the libmysql.dll file? and also for the php.ini file?

I do not think that anything proxy should disturb your computer though it might but i do not think so....

94[/snapback]

I searched myself and used the search windows thing. Didn't come up with anything, and I searched the entire c: drive. Still I know it has to be something from the eairlier program I tried because when I booted up this morning I got 'The Blue Screen of Death'. I restarted and everything came on fine. The computer is only a few months old and I've never had trouble before that triade program. Do you thing I should reinstall it and try removing it again, or just revert the harddrive to before I installed it?

What program is that? The proxy program..?

If it is, you could try the System Restore Tool and test the server to see if it works and if it doesn't, re-restore it :D

I am also having asimilar error.

I too used the Apache2Triad install and am getting this error when I try to start the server:

ERROR!!!

One of the instances of Apache server is started. Use stop.bat

Presss any key to continue...

I have uninstalled Apache2Triad after killing all processes. I restarted, cleaned my registry. Restarted again.

I double-clicked start.bat and got this error. So I exited it and used stop.bat.

Nothing. Still gives me the error. I check the task manager and can't find a thing...

Here is what i will do, i will install Apache2Triad on a test PC and see if i can get the Uniform Server to work on it after uninstall.

This should help a lot and also help me troubleshoot it for you.

Thanks.

Any luck? I restored my pc to before I installed Apache2Triad and haven't seen the 'Blue Screen of Death' again. I downloaded the uniform server again, but haven't tried it yet. Getting that screen was kind of a scare, so I think I'll wait to see what you have to say before trying again.

Here is what i will do, i will install Apache2Triad on a test PC and see if i can get the Uniform Server to work on it after uninstall.

This should help a lot and also help me troubleshoot it for you.

Thanks.

147[/snapback]

Not yet... i have to first clear my USB Flash Drive so i can download it but i am also working on the Admin Panel 2.0 Lite so... maybe this weekend or next week... :) You can test it. I promise nothing will happen to your computer, especially not caused by Uniform Server. Uniform Server does not mess with anything like the Registry or System Files so you are safe :D

Tried it. It's still doing the same thing. I know it's <i>trying</i> to work, because it lauches my aol browser and goes to the redirect page. But the redirect page doesn't redirect and when I click on the back to main link I get that 580 error. I also tried with firefox and IE. IE does redirect, but the page it goes to is the same as the aol browser. Firefox just say that the connection was refused.

The fact that I get the redirect page means that it is getting to the internet, right? Does the fact that I have a cable broadband connection make any difference? :D

Not yet... i have to first clear my USB Flash Drive so i can download it but i am also working on the Admin Panel 2.0 Lite so... maybe this weekend or next week... :D You can test it. I promise nothing will happen to your computer, especially not caused by Uniform Server. Uniform Server does not mess with anything like the Registry or System Files so you are safe :)

182[/snapback]

Can you take a screenshot of the error page on IE and also the error in the CMD window if there is any...

BTW: I also use cable broadand, but that should not be a problem if it won't even load from localhost....

I have the same problem. I downloaded & unzipped it to a folder.. pressed the start.bat file, and the following occurs (see below the ==== lines):

Also, this is a fairly clean install of Windows XP with SP2.

No virus scanner installed

no firewall

but behind a rounter. but Port forwarding for HTTP port is not being used

So, any ideas on how to get the server to work?

Thanks in advance,

Odysseus

==============

1) The dos window says:

The server is working on the disk w:\ [http/127.0.0.1/a/]

W:\usr\local\Php>

2) The IE 6 window says:

address bar: W:\home\admin\WWW\redirect.html

content:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

========

I unzipped all the files and didn't move anything, and I just tried the http://localhost/a thing and it's the same as before. I get a 580 error page or a website not responding page after the redirect page, which by the way doesn't redirct. I just click the back to main and...

I'm using windows xp with a cable modem and I've tried it with the Norton Firewall off as well.

60[/snapback]

What OS are you using, and please, next time, start your own topic so we can know who is who and what help we give...

Also, did you also install Apache2Triad?

And do you have Skype Installed?

Or anything using Port 80?

The address hosuld also be http://localhost

Is the W:/ drive also created?

Thanks for responding. Sorry, I'm a real neubie with these kinds of boards, but will do as you suggest.

- I'm using WinXP SP2

- no Apache2Triad installed (or other web servers)

- I had uninstalled Skype a few weeks ago, long before I installed Uniform Server

- I have laplink installed (file transfer sw), shareaza, and azureus. None of them use port 80

- those other addresses arent working either

- the W drive looked like it showed up after i started start.bat at the command line console (cmd.exe) , but when I used the "dir" command to look around the W drive I couldn't, because W in fact did not exist. I couldnt find W: from windows explorer either.

Thanks,

Odysseus

What OS are you using, and please, next time, start your own topic so we can know who is who and what help we give...

Also, did you also install Apache2Triad?

And do you have Skype Installed?

Or anything using Port 80?

The address hosuld also be http://localhost

Is the W:/ drive also created?

215[/snapback]